Wright-Cromwell News: June 14 2018
We start out this week's news with our sympathy to the family of Marlene Almquist, who died at the Villa Vista on June 5. Her service will be part of the memorial service Monday, June 18, at 10 a.m. at the Villa Vista Care Center, Cromwell.
There are also several other residents who have died in the past two months at the Villa Vista/Cardinal Court who will be remembered at this special service. All area folks are welcome to attend and share their memories of Monica Dahl, Marjorie Valla, Charles Laine and Linnea Korpela Autio.
Our sympathy to the family of Rodney A. Tillman, 77, formerly of Tamarack, who died Thursday, June 7, at Interfaith Care Center, Carlton. Visitation will be Sunday, June 17, from noon to 1 p.m., followed by the memorial service at 1 p.m., at Grace Lutheran Church, McGregor. Burial will be at a later date in Salo Cemetery.
Marjorie Ellen Valla, 91, of Cromwell, formerly of Meadowlands, passed away Thursday, June 7, at Villa Vista Care Center.
The Dollar General Store is in the beginning stages of being built just east of the school bus garage in Cromwell. The CACC'S Gazebo next to Northview Bank is also in the process of being built, too. Then, a huge warehouse building is being built just north of Cromwell on Highway 73. So, I guess we are seeing progress in our area.
The 8th Annual Kaleb Anderson Fun Run/Walk is July 7 at the Cromwell Park Pavilion. There will also be a pancake breakfast from 7-10:30 a.m. with a free-will donation. All donations will go toward the purchase of new playground equipment for the Cromwell Pavilion Park. Checks should be made out to the Kaleb Anderson Memorial Fund and mailed to Greg and Jen Anderson, 55726 W. Four Corners Rd., Cromwell, MN 55726. Kaleb passed away in August 2008 due to complications after surgery. He was born with a left hypoplastic heart. Signup sheets are available in area businesses for the run/walk.
• Thursday, June 14 — Cromwell Area Community Club meeting, 6:30 p.m., Cromwell Park Pavilion. Pick up raffle tickets June 14 or 15 at Hair It Is salon or at the meeting.
• Saturday, June 16 — Automba Pavilion dedication and program, 1 p.m.
• Saturday, June 16 — Red Cross program by Camila Swanstrom at Carlton County Historical Society, 1 p.m.
• Sunday, June 17 — Father's Day and brunch at Bethlehem, 9 a.m. services.
• Sunday, June 17 — Villa Vista/Cardinal Courts Carnival, 1-3 p.m. Everyone welcome.
• Monday, June 18 — Bethany Memorial Committee service at Villa Vista, 10 a.m.
• Tuesday, June 19 — Carlton County Retired Educators meeting at The Street Car in Carlton, 11:30 a.m. All retired teachers, staff and administrators are welcome.
• Thursday, June 21 — Cromwell Volunteer Fire Department blood drive. Call Ray Lally at 218-644-3739 to sign up.
• Tuesday, June 26 — Wrong Days meeting at Minetties, 6 p.m.
Who says there's nothing to do in small towns? Please patronize all our local businesses. We need them and they need us!
That's all the news from the "Edge of Wright." Have a great week!