ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

I-35 traffic in Barnum to shift Thursday

The closure of northbound lanes will also close Exit 220/Carlton County Road 6 and a detour will be posted, MnDOT said.

Road construction
Road construction
Derek Montgomery / For the News Tribune
We are part of The Trust Project.

DULUTH — Interstate 35 northbound traffic near Barnum will switch over to the southbound lanes in the evening on Thursday, July 7, according to a news release from the Minnesota Department of Transportation.

Traffic will travel in a head-to-head configuration for approximately 70 days, the news release said. The closure of northbound lanes will also close Exit 220/Carlton County Road 6 and a detour will be posted.

The northbound lanes will resurface the highway and replace the existing concrete unbonded overlay. The project is expected to be complete in early October. Motorists should expect delays during peak travel times on weekends, according to the news release.

A map of the detour and details about the project are available at http://www.dot.state.mn.us/d1/projects/i35-barnum/index.html .

Related Topics: TRAFFIC AND CONSTRUCTION
Our newsroom occasionally reports stories under a byline of "staff." Often, the "staff" byline is used when rewriting basic news briefs that originate from official sources, such as a city press release about a road closure, and which require little or no reporting. At times, this byline is used when a news story includes numerous authors or when the story is formed by aggregating previously reported news from various sources. If outside sources are used, it is noted within the story.
What to read next
The nonprofit will host a farewell celebration Sunday for the program that offered academic and life skills education.
Superior officials turned over deeds to the Wisconsin Point burial ground and a mass grave near the Nemadji River during a reclamation celebration at Black Bear Casino Resort.
Three men confronted Brendan Phelps in a Sleepy Eye, Minnesota, park, alleging that he solicited a 16-year-old boy over the internet.
As reported by Carlton County District Court.