Two suspects broke into the Northwoods Credit Union Arena in Cloquet on March 30 and stole merchandise and cash from the concessions area and manager's office.

The theft, which lasted about 20 minutes, was caught on the arena's surveillance cameras, the Cloquet Police Department reported.

In the video, two people seen walking into the arena at 3:28 a.m. attempt to pry open the door to the concession area and manager's office. They used a pry bar to break the glass and crawl through.

The suspects had their faces covered during the invasion. According to arena manager Justin Harriman, the money is removed from the concession area every night, so the tills were empty.

The smaller suspect, wearing a hooded shirt, white shoes and leggings or skinny jeans, was seen talking on a cellphone while stealing from the concession area. The suspect also wore a backpack.

The larger suspect was wearing a hooded shirt and baggy jeans with rips and possibly work or winter boots.

The thieves then pried open the manager's office and stole several items, including hockey sticks, a briefcase with paperwork inside and an autographed Neal Pionk jersey. Harriman said some of the hockey sticks are valuable. Harriman estimated about $120 in cash was taken from the office. He estimates the value of the stolen items from his office at about $1,500.

The break-in went unnoticed until the afternoon of March 31, when there was an event at the arena.

The theft is under investigation. Anyone with information about the suspects can call 911 or 218-384-4185, or text anonymously to Nixle Tips. Text "TIP CLOQUETPD," followed by your message, to 888777. The reference case number is 19000546.

This was the third reported break-in and theft at the arena in the past five years.

In 2014, a Grand Rapids man was sentenced to 15 months in prison for breaking into the facility and stealing money from an ATM.

In October 2018, a Duluth man also broke into the arena and stole cash from the ATM, causing substantial damage to the machine. He was charged with three felonies, but died soon after.