The Minnesota Bureau of Criminal Apprehension has identified a man shot by police Monday in Moose Lake.

The suspect, Shawn Michael Olthoff, 34, lives at the Hillside Terrace Mobile Home Park, where the incident occurred about 4:30 p.m. as police were attempting to serve felony warrants.

Police used a “flashbang device” or non-lethal explosive device while entering the home, and at some point thereafter, Carlton County Sheriff’s Deputy Jason Warnygora shot Olthoff, the BCA said. No one else was injured during the incident.

Police and paramedics provided first aid at the scene before Olthoff was taken to Mercy Hospital in Moose Lake and then flown by helicopter to Essentia Health-St. Mary’s Medical Center in Duluth.

The BCA reported Wednesday that Olthoff was receiving care at St. Mary's, but Essentia spokesman Louie St. George III said Olthoff was not listed as a patient there Wednesday evening.

Warnygora, who has been with the sheriff’s office for 14 years, was placed on standard administrative leave.

There were no weapons recovered at the home, the BCA reported, and there is no body-camera or dashboard-camera video of the incident.

According to the BCA, Monday’s incident stems from a July 26 altercation during which a suspect identified by witnesses as Olthoff pointed a gun at a Carlton County sheriff’s deputy and then fled the scene during an attempted traffic stop.

According to the BCA, Olthoff has a felony conviction for third-degree assault from March 2016 that makes him ineligible to possess a firearm.

According to a criminal complaint filed Monday against Olthoff in Carlton County:

On July 26, a Carlton County deputy spotted a group of people gathered around a car at the Kwik Trip on Minnesota Highway 210 in Carlton. When the deputy ran the car’s plate, it came back to a Sharon Olthoff, and the deputy knew that Shawn Olthoff regularly drove the vehicle.

The deputy was aware of an active burglary investigation that allegedly involved Olthoff, and the deputy wanted to talk to him.

The deputy followed the car out of the parking lot and activated his lights after seeing the vehicle cross the right fog line on the roadway.

When the vehicle pulled over, the deputy saw the rear passenger door open and a person pointing a gun at him before fleeing on foot.

The deputy pulled his squad car in front of the stopped car and approached, finding a woman in the driver’s seat and a girl in the front passenger seat. Both identified the rear-seat passenger as Olthoff, whom the girl said was her mother’s boyfriend.

Another deputy and his K9 partner tracked Olthoff’s path and found a gun holster containing ammunition for a 9 mm pistol as well as a cellphone. However, Olthoff himself was not found that night.

Olthoff is charged with felony use of deadly force against a police officer, and two felonies related to being a felon in possession of a firearm.

The case remains under investigation by the BCA.

In 2012, Olthoff was sentenced to two years in federal prison for ramming his vehicle into two U.S. Marshals’ squad cars in North Branch, Minn., in October 2011. The marshals were attempting to arrest Olthoff for violating parole from a 2004 firearms conviction.

Olthoff attempted to flee the scene in a vehicle driven by his girlfriend at the time, but the marshals blocked them with their squads. The girlfriend gave herself up, but Olthoff jumped into the driver’s seat and rammed the squad cars.

A high-speed chase ensued, during which Olthoff struck several vehicles before crashing his car in a cornfield and fleeing on foot. He was arrested the next day at a rural Pine City, Minn., home.