Carlton County Public Health and Human Services announces new Intensive Community Services program
Carlton County Public Health and Human Services announces a new program, Intensive Community Services, a comprehensive multi-agency, multidisciplinary service program that provides in-home and community based rehabilitative services for adults wi...
Carlton County Public Health and Human Services announces a new program, Intensive Community Services, a comprehensive multi-agency, multidisciplinary service program that provides in-home and community based rehabilitative services for adults with mental illness in Carlton County. Intensive Community Services may be appropriate when other traditional or less intensive services are not sufficient to reduce or eliminate symptoms or to prevent relapse.
What does ICS staff do? They will teach or assist the client with the following:
- interpersonal communication skills;
- utilization and integration of community resources;
- relapse and crisis prevention skills;
- budgeting finances;
- health cooking and eating habits; and
- monitoring and education on medications.
ICS staff maintains a variety of professionals working together to provide optimal services to the client in need including social workers, psychiatric nurse practitioners, psychiatrists, nurses and peer specialists.
The criteria for ICS services is as follows: Mental Illness with a diagnosis of Schizophrenia, Bipolar Disorder, or Major Depressive Disorder, with serious deficits in three or more areas of functioning as measured by the state approved functional assessment and they must have one or more of the following:
- Co-existing chemical dependency disorder;
- Individual has had multiple hospitalizations;
- Is homeless or lives in substandard housing;
- Have had numerous contact with law enforcement;
- Are at risk to his/herself and/or to others;
- Services must be determined medically necessary by a mental health professional.
- Have serious functional deficits which interfere with daily functioning activities.
For further information, call Carlton County Public Health and Human Services at 218-878-4800.