To read the first story in the series, "Addiction: Everybody's Problem," go here. 

If you witness someone overdosing, call 911. Even with successful Narcan use, overdose victims need immediate medical care.

Minnesota’s Good Samaritan Law typically protects those who call in an overdose, and those who are overdosing, from criminal prosecution.

For help with drug addiction, there are a number of local and national resources to help get referred to treatment:

Center for Alcohol and Drug Treatment in Duluth


Carlton County Public Health and Human Services


Tagwii Recovery Center


Mental Health Crisis Text Line

Text “MN” to 741741

SAMHSA National Helpline