Construction doesn't stop County Seat Theater
Motorists traveling from the north may suspect Encore! Performing Arts Center and Gallery, 2035 Highway 33 South, Cloquet, is closed for the summer. It isn't.
"The construction of the new roundabout is going to be a nuisance for theater-goers this summer," said Joel Soukkala, general manager of County Seat Theater Co. "The summer is our busiest time of the year with cars coming and going, but we will just go with the flow and we will get through it."
Coming from Cloquet, take 14th Street to Moorhead Road. Those traveling from other directions can take Highway 210 toward Carlton to Halvorson Road.
Contact the box office at 218-878-0071 or visit countyseattheater.com.
• 'The Odd Couple' — The County Seat Theater Co. will complete its run of "The Odd Couple — the Female Version" June 7-10.
• Folk and bluegrass concert — Sarah Mae and the Birkeland Boys and Bill and Kate Isles will perform Tuesday, June 12, at 7 p.m. at the Encore Performing Arts Center. Sarah Mae and the Birkeland Boys are a family band playing bluegrass, roots, Americana and gospel. Bill and Kate Isles are a nationally-touring singer/songwriter duo based in Duluth. Tickets are $15 in advance or $18 at the door.
• Kids' musical theater program — The County Seat Theater hosts musical theater for children completing first grade and up June 22 and 29 and July 13 and 20.
• Kids' musical theater acting class — The County Seat Theater hosts a musical theater acting class for children completing grades 1-4. Instructed by Jill Hoffman, kids will gather to sing and dance to Broadway music July 23-26 and 30 through Aug. 2. Pre-registration is required.
• 'The Cave' — On Aug. 10 at 1 p.m. and 7 p.m., the County Seat Theater Co. will present one act, "The Cave." There are parts for all teens interested, but auditions are Sunday, July 15, at 6 p.m. Rehearsals are Aug. 6-10 from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.