Climate Emergency Poetry events, the third Sunday of the month. Check the CEP Facebook page to learn where each month’s reading will take place. Click on “Events.” July 18: Recent UMD grad Stine Myrah introducing her own list of climate advocates. Aug 15: Twin Ports public figures.
The Bookstore at Fitger's, 600 E. Superior St., offers these events. Call 218-727-9077 or go to fitgersbookstore.com.
1-3 p.m. Saturday: Sarah Bamford Seidelman will sign books and her "How Good Are You Willing to Let It Get" card decks.
- 1-3 p.m. July 10: Cary J. Griffith will sign copies of his book "Wolf Kill: A Sam Rivers Mystery."
- 4-6 p.m. July 10: Stacey Potter will sign copies of her book "The Project."
- 4-6 p.m. July 17: Nathan Johnson will sign copies of his book "Highway 61 Through Minnesota" (a new Images of America book).
- 5-7 p.m. July 23: Allison Mann will sign copies of her new book "Fallen Woman."
- 2-4 p.m. July 24: Allison Mann will be joined by Linda May Spencer and Emily Jean (the co-authors of "Fallen Woman").
- Noon to 2 p.m. July 31: Kathy Groth will sign copies of her new children's book "Sunken: Shipwrecks of Lake Superior."
The submission period for Ariel Anthology Vol. 8 is open now through July 31. Adult poets living in Wisconsin are eligible to submit two poems on the theme of "Water." Please email email@example.com to request the complete submission guidelines.
Title: "Ron Schara's Minnesota Mostly True Tales of a Life Outdoors"
Author: Ron Schara
Synopsis: In this collection, Schara gathers favorite stories from 50-plus years of celebrating opportunities found in natural environments. He relates childhood lessons on hunting safety and treasured memories of summer days at the creek. He champions preserving Midwestern landscapes. In these “mostly true tales,” Schara offers wisdom from the tree stand and tells of others’ record-breaking achievements.
Cost: $18.95, $9.99 ebook
Publisher: Minnesota Historical Society Press
Contact info: mnhs.org/mnhspress
Title: "Filthy Dirty Garden Gloves: Blood on the Bridal Wreath"
Author: M. E. Fuller
Synopsis: Author M. E. Fuller’s newest novel and first cozy mystery, "Blood on the Bridal Wreath" is the first in a four-book series, "Filthy Dirty Garden Gloves." Mrs. Julian Stanche, an avid gardener and widow of nine years, never stopped grieving the loss of her unfaithful husband. The citizens of Buffalo View Village and its authorities assumed Julian drowned in a boating accident, though the true cause of his disappearance, certified as a death, remained a mystery.
Contact info: mefullerwords.com