Veterans Day events in Carlton County
Sunday, Nov. 11
• Armistice Day observance in Moose Lake — Moose Lake Historical Society hosts observance of 100th anniversary of end of World War I featuring Barnum Jazz Band, 1 p.m., Soo Line Event Center, 900 Folz Blvd., Moose Lake. Readings and video, followed by coffee and cookies.
• Veterans Day dinner at Cloquet VFW — Auxiliary Post 262 sponsors a Veterans Day dinner, 3 p.m. Cost $10 for non-veterans.
• Veterans Day dinner at Carlton VFW — Post 2962 sponsors a Veterans Day dinner. Program starts at 5 p.m.; roast beef dinner at 5:30 p.m. Veterans eat free; guests $8.
Monday, Nov. 12
• Veterans Day program — All area veterans and their families are invited to Cromwell-Wright High School for a program, 1 p.m. Vets and their families should wait in the lobby; they will be escorted into the gym.
Thursday, Nov. 15
• 25th Annual Giving Thanks and Veterans Feast — Fond du Lac Tribal and Community College student life organizations sponsor this event, which creates greater awareness of the American Indian tradition of giving thanks for a productive harvest. The feast also honors DLTCC students who are military veterans and active-duty military. Includes traditional menu of turkey, ham, venison, wild rice, corn, fry bread and more. Opening ceremony, 5 p.m.; dinner, 5:30-7 p.m. Donations accepted for nonperishable food for campus Bruce Carlson Food Pantry for students in need. Free; open to public.