Charges are expected to be filed today against a Fond du Lac Head Start bus driver who failed to notice a 3-year-old boy had been left on a bus Jan. 14 after a drop-off at the Fond du Lac Head Start.

The boy spent more than three hours on the bus in temperatures near 0 degrees before being discovered by a passerby.

Carlton County Attorney Thom Pertler said Thursday that a criminal complaint has been filed for charges of child neglect or endangerment, but the complaint has not yet been processed. Pertler said he expects official charges to be filed today, pending a judge's signature.

Fond du Lac band officials told the News Tribune earlier this month that policies are being put in place to prevent such an incident from happening again.