Josiane "Josie" Leonide Borglund, 90, of Wright, became one of God's angels Oct. 15 at St. Mary's Hospital.
Josie was born to Oscar and Louise Lecomte and was raised on a cargo boat traveling and delivering cargo on the seven rivers in Paris, France. She worked for the Germans when they occupied France. She then worked at the Officer's Chateau at the American Embassy, where she met her ex-husband and father of her children, Curtis Borglund. They were married for 52 years and raised a family in Wright. Josie retired from Stearn's Manufacturing in Carlton.
Above all, Josie loved being with her family. She was the heart and glue of her family and was loved and adored by them all. She said she was put on this earth to serve others. She was a prayer warrior and very strong in her faith, which she witnessed through how she lived her life.
I hear that the controlled burn of the Country Inn Cafe in Cromwell has been postponed to Sunday, Oct. 28, if the wind and weather cooperates.
The 2019 Carlton County senior and caregiver guides are now available at the Volunteer services building in Carlton. I also have a lot of them and will be putting them in area businesses and handing them out to the senior clubs. These guides are full much needed information on issues for our area senior citizens.
• Thursday, Oct. 25 — YOT Senior Dance with Florian Chmielewski, 1-4 p.m., Cromwell Pavilon. Last senior dance of this year. Next one will be in March.
• Friday, Oct. 26 — Chilloween, 5-11 p.m., Cromwell Pavilion.
• Monday, Oct. 29 — Picture retake day at the school, 7:40 a.m.
• Wednesday, Oct. 31 — Wright Seniors games, 1 p.m.
• Nov. 2 — CACC Hunters Supper, 4-7 p.m., Cromwell Pavilion.
• Nov. 3 — Hunters Supper and Bake Sale, 5-8 p.m., Round Lake Church.
• Nov. 4 — Daylight saving time ends. Turn those clocks back!
That's all the news from "the Edge of Wright!" And remember to vote!