The Cromwell High School Class of 1961 will be having their annual reunion at Lloyd and Linda Shelton's on Friday, July 20. Social time is 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., with a potluck dinner at 12:30 p.m.
The Cromwell High School Class of 1956 will be having their annual reunion in Wright at Minetties at noon July 21.
With all the class reunions happening in the area, the Carlton County Historical Society is looking for the Cromwell-Wright yearbooks for the following years: all years before 1931, as well as 1932, 1939, 1940, 1941, 1943, 1944, 1953, 1954, 1955, 1974, 1976-1983 and all years after 1983. If you have any of these Cromwellians, please bring them to the CCHS or call me and I can pick them up and deliver them. Thanks.
The CCHS is also looking for donations of old photos, miscellaneous old antique items, old dolls and doll clothing and other clothing. With this in mind, Alice Lake donated her 1958 wedding dress and photo.
Our sympathy to the family of Thomas Michael Cich, 79, of Willow River and Mesa, Ariz., who died on Father's Day evening, June 17, at home in Willow River. He owned and operated Cich's Birchbay Campground in Cromwell with his wife, Nancy, for several years. A Mass of Christian Burial was June 29 in Moose Lake.
Here's the yoga schedule at the Cromwell Pavilion: 11 a.m. Mondays, July 2, 9 and 30. No yoga July 16 or 23. For questions, call Ann Markusen at 218-644-3615.
• Saturday, July 7 — Annual Kaleb Anderson 5K Family Fun Run, 8:15 a.m.; walk, 8:25 a.m.; Kiddie Run, 9:30 a.m.; awards ceremony, 10 a.m., Cromwell Park.
• July 12 — Ruby's Pantry, 10-11:30 a.m., Cromwell Park Pavilion.
• July 13-14 — Rummage Sale, 4-7 p.m. July 13 and 8-11 a.m. July 14, Bethlehem in Wright.
• July 20-22 — Wrong Days in Wright events, including steak fry, pie sale, rummage sales, cook shack, kids games, bounce house and fireworks July 20.
• July 26 — YOT Senior Dance, 1-4 p.m., Cromwell Pavilion.
• July 29-Aug. 1 — VBS, 5-7:30 p.m., Bethany in Cromwell.
• July 31 — First day to file for school board elections. There are three four-year terms to be filled starting Jan. 7. Applications can be picked up at the school office between July 31 and Aug. 14.
That's all the news from The Edge of Wright. Hello to Larry Johnson of Carlton and have a great week!