ORDINANCE NO. 13-02
CITY OF WRENSHALL
COUNTY OF CARLTON
STATE OF MINNESOTA
AN ORDINANCE ADOPTING A SCHEDULE OF FEES AND CHARGES FOR VARIOUS SERVICES, LICENSES AND PERMITS FOR THE CITY OF WRENSHALL, MINNESOTA
Whereas, the City Council of the City of Wrenshall is adopting/has adopted the Minnesota Basic Code as it has been amended and supplemented to be its city code and that code permits the city to adopt by ordinance a schedule of fees and charges for various services, licenses and permits,
Now Therefore, the City Council of the City of Wrenshall, Minnesota, ordains:
Section 1. All fees and charges in effect as of the date of the adoption of the city code for the city shall remain in effect unless otherwise modified by the provisions of this ordinance. All citations below are to various sections of the city code unless otherwise indicated.
Section 2. The following are the fees and charges for the permits, licenses and services listed below which are referenced to the section of the city code which authorizes their establishment:
1. SEWER: The license fee for making service connections, pursuant to §51.064(D), shall be NONE.
2. The SEWER service rates and charges to users of the wastewater treatment facility pursuant to §§51.113 and 51.114 shall be as established by ordinance or resolution prior to the adoption of this code. If there is no pre-existing ordinance or resolution and the treatment works is primarily flow dependent and the biochemical oxygen demand (BOD), suspended solids, and other pollutant concentrations discharged by all users are approximately equal, then user charges are developed on the following volume basis: A users' charge for Operation and Maintenance per unit of time (CU) equals the total Operation and Maintenance Costs per unit of time (CT), divided by the total volume contribution from all users per unit of time (VT) times the volume contribution from a user per nut of time (VU) which can be expressed in the formula: CU = CT / [VT (VU)]. This volume basis formula can only be used if there are no quantity discounts to large volume users. If the volume contributed is not measured in this city and the water charge is based on a constant cost per unit of consumption, then the sewer user charge can be established based on a percentage of the charge for water usage. Sewer rates and charges may be changed by amendment to this ordinance from time to time pursuant to §§ 51.113(D) and 51.114.
3. The SEWER CONNECTION FEE pursuant to §§51.113 and 51.114 shall be $300.00.
4. The charge for not connecting t the municipal WATER system when it becomes available pursuant to §52.06(B) shall be NONE.
5. The fee for a permit for the installation of an air conditioning system to the public WATER system pursuant to §52.07(B) shall be NONE.
6. The rental charge for each day for use of a fire hydrant pursuant to §52.08(A)(4) shall be NONE. The fee for each 1,000 gallons of water used from a fire hydrant pursuant to §52.08(A)(4) shall be $50.00. Contact must be made with the City Clerk, Maintenance Dept. or Water Operator prior to purchase.
7. The fee which must be paid before water service may be turned on pursuant to §52.27(D) IN CASE WATER IS TURNED OFF FOR REPAIR shall be NONE.
8. The fee for the WATER disconnection permit pursuant to §52.29 shall be NONE.
9. The fee for the permit to connect to existing water service leads pursuant to §52.33(B)(1) shall be NONE.
10. The connection charge to contribute to the payment of the costs of the Public Water System Facilities pursuant to §52.33(B)93) shall be NONE.
11. The fee to be collected before service is recommenced pursuant to §52.33(B)(4) shall be NONE.
12. The charge to a person who desires to CONNECT TO THE WATER SYSTEM pursuant to §52.33(B)(5) shall be $300.00.
13. The charge for water meters pursuant to §52.35(A)(1) shall be $250.00.
14. The charge for testing a water meter pursuant to §52.35(A)(4) shall be NONE.
15. The schedule of rates, fees and charges for permits or services pursuant to §52.51 shall be NONE.
16. The rate due and payable for each user for water taken from the water system pursuant to §52.33(A) shall be $6.00/1000 gallons.
17. The minimum rate pursuant to §52.53(D), which shall begin to accrue after connection of the service pipe with the curb stop box, shall be as set by the City Council and adjusted as required by the terms of the bond for Well #3.
18. The fee for license for a person, firm or corporation to engage in the business of altering, repairing, installing or constructing municipal water connections within the city who is not a master plumber pursuant to §52.70(C) shall be NONE.
19. The storm water drainage rate pursuant to §53.03(B) shall be NONE.
20. The monthly charge for the collection, removal and disposal of garbage and trash from residences and businesses within the corporate limits of the city pursuant to §54.01 shall be NONE.
21. The monthly charge for water pursuant to §54.01 shall be $6.00/1000 gallons + base rate.
22. The monthly charge for sewer services pursuant to §54.01 shall be $6/.00/1000 gallons + base rate.
23. The charge for reinstating utility service and the turn-on charge pursuant to §54.03(C), be $50.00.
24. The charge for sewer access charge pursuant to §51.113(H) shall be NONE.
25. The fee for a heavy load permit pursuant to §70.02(E) shall be NONE.
26. The parade permit fee pursuant to §70.22(D) shall be NONE.
27. The annual permit fee for motorized golf carts or mini trucks pursuant to §73.08 shall be NONE.
28. The fee for an ANIMAL "release permit" pursuant to §91.01 shall be NONE. Release fees may be required by Friends of Animals.
29. The fee for dog licenses pursuant to §91.02(B)(1) and (2) shall be NONE.
30. The fee for duplicate dog tags pursuant to §91.02(B)(3) shall be $5.00.
31. The fee for dog licenses for a potentially dangerous dog pursuant to §91.11(D)(1)(b) shall be NONE.
32. The fee for dog licenses for a dangerous dog pursuant to §91.11(D)(2)(b) shall be NONE.
33. The City fee for a release pursuant to §91.05(C) shall be NONE. Release fees may be required by Friends of Animals.
34. The fee for an open burning permit pursuant to §92.64(B) shall be NONE. Application must be made to the Minnesota DNR and any required fee paid to them.
35. RIGHT OF WAY CONSTRUCTION: The fee for a delay penalty pursuant to §93.23(B)(1) shall be NONE.
37. The fee for a franchise fee pursuant to §93.23(B)(4) shall be NONE.
38. The fee for an EXCAVATION permit pursuant to §93.25(A) shall be NONE.
39. The fee for an OBSTRUCTION permit pursuant to §93.25(B) shall be NONE.
40. The fee for a DEGRADATION fee pursuant to §93.26(F) shall be NONE.
41. The fee for an annual license for bowling, billiards and pool pursuant to §111.01 shall be NONE.
42. The fee for a license for circuses, carnivals, shows and other entertainment pursuant to §111.02(A) shall be NONE.
43. The fee for a license to operate mechanical amusement devices pursuant to §111.03 shall be NONE.
44. The fee for a license for public entertainment or exhibitions pursuant to §111.05 shall be NONE.
45. The fee for liquor licenses pursuant to §112.23(B) shall be: On-Sale: $700/year; Off-Sale: $150/year; and Sunday: $50/year.
46. The fee for a license as a peddler or a transient merchant pursuant to §113.03(D) shall be NONE.
47. The license fee to operate a business that offers tattooing or body piercing services pursuant to §114.03(A) shall be $500.00.
48. The BUSINESS REGULATION license fee pursuant to §115.04 shall be NONE.
49. The penalty for minors in possession of tobacco products pursuant to §115.99(B)(3) shall be pursuant and payable to Carlton County.
50. The fee for a permit for a public dance pursuant to §118.03 shall be NONE.
51. The fee for an investigation prior to the issuance of a license to operate a sexually oriented business pursuant to §119.09(A) shall be $500.00.
52. The fee for a special events permit pursuant to §118.22 shall be NONE.
53. The fee for a license to operate a sexually oriented business pursuant to §119.09(B) shall be $500.00.
54. Fees sufficient to defray the costs incurred in reviewing, investigating, and administering applications for an amendment to the zoning code pursuant to §151.63 shall be $500.00.
55. The fee for costs incurred in reviewing, investigating and administering applications for a preliminary or final plat pursuant to §152.13 shall be $350.00 + $2.00/lot.
56. The fee for park dedication pursuant to §152.105(J) for R-1 Residential Districts shall be NONE.
57. The fee for park dedication pursuant to §152.105(J) for R-2 Residential Districts shall be NONE.
58. The fee for park dedication pursuant to §152.105(J) for C-1 Business Commercial Districts shall be NONE.
59. The fee for park dedication pursuant to §152.105(J) for C-2 Business Commercial Districts shall be NONE.
60. The fee for park dedication pursuant to §152.105(J) for Industrial Districts shall be NONE.
61. The fee for park dedication pursuant to §152.105(J) for Rural Residential and Agriculture shall be NONE.
ADDITIONAL LICENSES, PERMITS AND MISCELLANEOUS
New Home Permit: .005 x valuation + state fee (Garage, Attached deck, Reconfiguration of Roofline or Additions)
State Fee: .0005 x valuation
Storage Building: (over 120 sq. ft.): $100.00 + state fee
WLSSD CAF: $940 - single family home, other development fees vary
Water Tower Assessment: $1,801.51 through 12/31/13
Sump Pump/Drain Tile Non-Compliance: $50.00/month
Interim Use Permits: $150 - 1 year; $250 - 2 years; $400 - 5 years
City Hall Rental: $25.00 Residents - $35.-- Non-Residents
Mileage: Carlton County Mileage Rate
Scanned Documents: $.50/page
Copies: Black & White/Colored: $.50/page
Faxed Documents: $1.00/page
Notary Service: FREE
PASSED BY THE CITY COUNCIL OF THE CITY OF WRENSHALL, MINNESOTA THIS 6TH DAY OF JUNE, 2013.
/s/ Michael Hyland, MAYOR
/s/ Alieca Johnson, CITY CLERK