Make plans to stay hunker down inside Sunday afternoon through MondayA winter storm watch is in effect from Sunday afternoon through late MOnday night.
The Cloquet Police Police Department have issues a winter storm watch through the police department's Nixle messaging alert system. To sign up for text messages or emails from the police department visit their website or go directly to www.nixle.com.
The advisory from the National Weather Service is posted below:
Advisory: WINTER STORM WATCH IN EFFECT FROM SUNDAY AFTERNOON THROUGH LATE MONDAY NIGHT
...WINTER STORM WATCH IN EFFECT FROM SUNDAY AFTERNOON THROUGH LATE MONDAY NIGHT...
NORTHERN ST. LOUIS-NORTHERN COOK/NORTHERN LAKE-CENTRAL ST. LOUIS-SOUTHERN LAKE/LAKESHORE-SOUTHERN COOK/LAKESHORE-CARLTON/SOUTHERN ST. LOUIS-PINE-DOUGLAS-BAYFIELD-ASHLAND-IRON-BURNETT-WASHBURN-SAWYER-PRICE-INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...ELY...ISABELLA...HIBBING...
TWO HARBORS...GRAND MARAIS...DULUTH...CLOQUET...HINCKLEY...
SUPERIOR...WASHBURN...ASHLAND...HURLEY...GRANTSBURG... SPOONER... HAYWARD...PHILLIPS
THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN DULUTH HAS ISSUED A WINTER STORM WATCH FOR HEAVY SNOW AND BLOWING SNOW...WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM SUNDAY AFTERNOON THROUGH LATE MONDAY NIGHT.
* LOCATION...NORTHWEST WISCONSIN...NORTHEAST MINNESOTA INCLUDING THE TWIN PORTS AND THE ARROWHEAD.
* TIMING...SNOW WILL INCREASE IN INTENSITY SUNDAY AFTERNOON AND BECOME LOCALLY HEAVY SUNDAY EVENING. SNOW WILL DECREASE MONDAY AFTERNOON...EXCEPT IN THE SNOWBELTS OF NORTHERN WISCONSIN.
* SNOW/ICE ACCUMULATIONS...6 OR MORE INCHES. AMOUNTS COULD BE SIGNIFICANTLY HIGHER ALONG THE NORTH SHORE AND ACROSS THE ELEVATED TERRAIN OF NORTHERN WISCONSIN.
* WINDS/VISIBILITY...NE 10 TO 20 MPH WITH GUSTS TO 30 MPH. NEAR LAKE SUPERIOR...NE 15 TO 25 MPH...WITH GUSTS TO 35 MPH.
* IMPACTS...TRAVEL CONDITIONS WILL DETERIORATE SUNDAY AS ROADS BECOME SNOW COVERED AND SLIPPERY. BLOWING AND DRIFTING SNOW MAY RESULT IN WHITE OUT CONDITIONS IN SOME AREAS.
A WINTER STORM WATCH MEANS THERE IS A POTENTIAL FOR SIGNIFICANT SNOW...SLEET...OR ICE ACCUMULATIONS THAT MAY IMPACT TRAVEL. CONTINUE TO MONITOR THE LATEST FORECASTS.