NOTICE OF MORTGAGE FORECLOSURE SALE
DATE: July 30, 2012
THE RIGHT TO VERIFICATION OF THE DEBT AND IDENTITY OF THE ORIGINAL CREDITOR WITHIN THE TIME PROVIDED BY LAW IS NOT AFFECTED BY THIS ACTION.
YOU ARE NOTIFIED that default has occurred in the conditions of the following described Mortgage:
INFORMATION REGARDING MORTGAGE TO BE FORECLOSED
1. Date of Mortgage: December 28, 2010
2. Mortgagors: Jeffrey Allen Hassel and Heidi Leone Hassel, husband and wife
3. Mortgagees: Northwoods Credit Union
4. Recording Information: Recorded on January 5, 2011, as Document Number A000435267, in the Office of the County Recorder of Carlton County, Minnesota
5. Assignments of Mortgage, if any: NONE.
Further assigned to NONE.
For additional assignments of Mortgage, provide the relevant information below. NONE
INFORMATION REGARDING MORTGAGED PREMISES
6. Tax parcel identification number of the mortgaged premises: 21-010-3600
7. Legal description of the mortgaged premises:
The S. 1/2 of Lots 1 and 2, Block 26, ORIGINAL PLAT TO THE VILLAGE OF MOOSE LAKE, Carlton County, Minnesota.
8. The physical street address, city, and zip code of the mortgaged premises: 512 Hickory Avenue, Moose Lake, MN 55767
OTHER FORECLOSURE DATA
9. The person holding the Mortgage is not a transaction agent, as defined by Minn. Stat. 58.02, subd. 30.
The name(s) of the residential mortgage servicer and the lender or broker, as defined in Minn. Stat. 58.02, is Northwoods Credit Union.
INFORMATION REGARDING FORECLOSURE
11. The requisites of Minn. Stat. 580.02 have been satisfied.
12. The original principal amount secured by the Mortgage was $70,000.00.
13. At the date of this notice the amount due on the Mortgage, including taxes, if any, paid by the holder of the Mortgage, is: $91,143.85.
14. Pursuant to the power of sale in the Mortgage, the Mortgage will be foreclosed, and the mortgaged premises will be sold by the Sheriff of Carlton County, Minnesota, at public auction on October 2, 2012, 10:00 a.m., at 317 Walnut Avenue, Carlton, MN 55718.
15. The time allowed by law for redemption by Mortgagor or Mortgagor's personal representatives or assigns is six (6) months after the date of sale.
16. Minn. Stat. 580.04(b) provides, "If the real estate is an owner-occupied, single-family dwelling, the notice must also specify the date on or before which the mortgagor must vacate the property if the mortgage is not reinstated under section 580.30 or the property redeemed under section 580.23." If this statute applies, the time to vacate the property is 11:59 p.m. on April 2, 2013.
THE TIME ALLOWED BY LAW FOR REDEMPTION BY THE MORTGAGOR, THE MORTGAGOR'S PERSONAL REPRESENTATIVES OR ASSIGNS, MAY BE REDUCED TO FIVE WEEKS IF A JUDICIAL ORDER IS ENTERED UNDER MINNESOTA STATUTES, SECTION 582.032, DETERMINING, AMONG OTHER THINGS, THAT THE MORTGAGED PREMISES ARE IMPROVED WITH A RESIDENTIAL DWELLING OF LESS THAN FIVE UNITS, ARE NOT PROPERTY USED IN AGRICULTURAL PRODUCTION, AND ARE ABANDONED.
THIS IS AN ATTEMPT TO COLLECT A DEBT AND ANY INFORMATION OBTAINED WILL BE USED FOR THAT PURPOSE.
Name of Mortgagee or Mortgage Assignee:
Northwoods Credit Union
Name and address of Attorney for Mortgagee or Mortgage Assignee:
/s/ Greg C. Gilbert
Gilbert Law Office
11 East Superior Street, Suite 563
Duluth, MN 55802