CARLTON INDEPENDENT SCHOOL DISTRICT NO. 93, CARLTON, MINNESOTA, SEPTEMBER 19, 2011 REGULAR MEETING
CARLTON INDEPENDENT SCHOOL DISTRICT NO. 93
SEPTEMBER 19, 2011
The Board of Education of Independent School District 93, Carlton, Minnesota, met in a regular session on Monday, September 19, 2011. Meeting was called to order at 7:07 p.m. by Hagenah, Chair. Members present were Hagenah, Kiehn, Walton, Emerson, Gibson, Johnson and Haapala, ex officio. None were absent
Agenda Item 5.5 was removed. Item 10.1 for discussion of Public Comments was added. Motion to accept the amended agenda by Johnson. Second by Gibson. Motion carried.
Hagenah called for Public Comments but none were offered.
Congratulations and commendations read by Kiehn as thanks to Cheryl Davis for her efforts in maintaining the flower gardens at South Terrace. Appreciation to Rhonda Broneak for bringing the monarch butterflies to South Terrace, and senior high boys who helped move furniture from the County Human Services building were recognized. Additionally, gratitude should be extended to the Carlton County Human Services for the generous donation of office furniture.
Gibson moved to approve the Consent Agenda, motion seconded by Emerson.
- Approval of Minutes of the Regular Meeting, August 15, 2011 and Special Meeting of the Whole September 12, 2011.
- Accept resignation of Danielle Saver, Food Service.
- Recommendation to hire Jo Angell for 2 hour/day Food Server position.
- Recommendation to hire Maureen Paddock for 2 hour/day Food Server position.
- Recommendation to renew contract of John George as Assistant Football coach for 2011-12 season.
- Recommendation to hire Clinton Jones as Jr High Football coach.
- Recommendation to renew contract of Danielle Soukkala as Assistant Volleyball coach for 2011-12 season.
- Recommendation to renew contract of Deb Saunders as Junior High Volleyball coach for the 2011-12 season.
- Recommendation to renew contract of Lisa Johnson as Head Girls Basketball coach for 2011-2012.
- Approve Annual Report on Curriculum, Instruction, and Student Achievement.
- Hire Leola Rodd as Yearbook Advisor for 2011-2012.
- Hire Jason Sieling as Senior High lunchroom monitor.
- Approve increase of 15 minutes/day (to 5.25 hours/day) for Cook at High School.
- Approve Pine Journal as Official District Newspaper for legal publications at $8.00 per column inch.
- Approve contract for services with Fond du Lac Head Start Program to provide speech language therapy services for 2011-2012.
Reports were given by High School Assistant Principal's Beckie Connolly, South Terrace Elementary Principal BJ Berg, Superintendent Peter E. Haapala and the District 93 Financial Report was presented by Haapala.
Kiehn moved to approve August Payroll of $271,828.62 and Finance checks for $2,213,274.00 and order them paid. Walton seconded. The motion passed.
Haapala and Connolly offered information on the Enrollment Report, Carlton ISD #93 ACT Scores and a letter from HDC regarding School-Linked Mental Health Services.
Dates for future meetings were set: Special Meeting to certify levy limitation on October 3, 2011 @ 4:30 pm. Finance Committee on October 17, 2011@ 6:00pm. Regular School Board Meeting on October 17, 2011@7:00 pm
Discussion regarding public comments.
Moved to closed session at 8:07 p.m. Regular meeting reconvened at 8:40 p.m.
Johnson offered the following resolution and moved its adoption:
BE IT RESOLVED the Board of Education approves the Memorandum of Understanding with Carlton Education Association regarding Health Insurance.
Second by Emerson and duly declared adopted on the following vote: Yea: Hagenah, Emerson, Kiehn, Johnson, Gibson. Nay: None. Abstain: Walton.
Emerson made the motion to adjourn. Gibson seconded. Motion carried at 8:42 p.m.