CARLTON INDEPENDENT SCHOOL DISTRICT NO. 93, CARLTON, MINNESOTA, JULY 18, 2011, REGULAR MEETING
CARLTON INDEPENDENT SCHOOL DISTRICT NO. 93
JULY 18, 2011
The Board of Education of Independent School District 93, Carlton, Minnesota, met in a regular session on Monday, July 18, 2011. The meeting was called to order at 7:00 p.m. Members present included Hagenah, Gibson, Kiehn, and Walton. Absent: Emerson, Johnson.
Motion by Kiehn, second by Gibson, to approve the meeting agenda. Motion passed.
No public comments were offered.
Thank you to Dave Niemi for donating use of trailer to pick up computers donated by the Department of Defense.
Karen Johnson was recognized for her work in preparing students for the GRAD writing test.
Thank you to Tyler Peterson for coaching the boys' basketball summer league program.
Motion by Gibson, second by Walton to approve the consent agenda which included:
- Approval of Minutes - Regular Meeting, June 20, 2011.
- Authorize Request for quotes for Garbage/Recycling, Bread, Milk, Fuel, Newspaper.
- Recommendation to hire Marinelda Benko as .27 FTE Spanish Non-licensed Community Expert contingent on approval of licensure.
- Motion to recall Michael Rosen as .64 FTE Teacher at Mash-ka-Wisen contingent upon approval of Experimental Program Waiver.
- Accept grant from Northland Foundation in amount of $4,675.00 for Early Literacy Intervention Program.
- Accept donation from General Mills Box Top for Education in the amount of $315.70
- Recommendation to hire Crimsen Ruhnke as 1.0 FTE Elementary Education teacher.
- Approve Health & Safety Program Revenue Application.
- Accept donation of 54 laptop computers, 97 desktop computers, and 107 monitors from DLA Disposition Services Field Office.
- Approve Purchase of Services Agreement between Carlton ISD #93 and Esko ISD #99 for Girls' Soccer.
Motion was approved.
Reports were read by High School Assistant Principal Beckie Connolly, South Terrace Elementary BJ Berg, Superintendent Peter Haapala, and District Financial Report was given by Renee Eiffler.
Motion by Kiehn, second by Gibson to approve June Payroll for $317,569.54 and Finance checks totaling $237,623.59 as presented and order them paid. Motion passed.
Nominations for MSBA Delegate Assembly.
Motion by Gibson, second by Kiehn to terminate contract of Rhonda Nelson effective July 15, 2011. Motion was carried.
Information was presented regarding Renewal of MSBA membership, Regional Resource brochure, letter from Kyle Gunderson, Eikill & Schilling confirmation letter, Project Green Fleet agreement, letter from Jacob Gunderson, and Just Kids Dental News Release.
Future meetings were set as follows: Principal's negotiations for July 20, 2011 at 3:00 p.m. Teamsters II negotiations on July 25, 2011 at 3:00 p.m. Teamsters I negotiations on July 25, 2011 at 5:00 p.m. Public Relations Committee on July 25, 2011 at 7:00 p.m. School Board on August 15, 2011 at 7:00 p.m. Finance Committee on August 10, 2011 at 4:30 p.m.
Discussion was held regarding Public Relations Committee, Fond du Lac sharing agreement, and the NLSEC Board.
Moved to closed session 8:20 p.m. Reconvene regular meeting 8:47 p.m.
Motion by Kiehn, second by Walton that there being no further business the meeting be declared adjourned at 8:49 p.m. Motion passed.