Updated: Weather related closures, cancellationsHere's a list of weather-related closings, cancellations and postponements received.
Here's a list of weather-related closings, cancellations and postponements received. The list will be updated as we receive announcements; you can also monitor our live blog, accessible here.
To submit a closing or cancellation notice, e-mail it to news @pinejournal.com and firstname.lastname@example.org; put "closing" or "cancellation" in the subject line.
Section 7AAA girls basketball games are cancelled for today…….
All Section 7AAA Girls Basketball games have been postponed until Thursday, March 1st at 7:00 PM
The following games will be played on Thursday, March 1st at 7:00 PM
Princeton at Chisago Lakes
Hibbing at Hermantown
Cloquet at Grand Rapids
Denfeld at North Branch
Closed Wednesday unless otherwise noted
• Duluth public and private schools (includes Duluth district admin)
• Hermantown schools
• Superior schools
• University of Minnesota Duluth
• University of Wisconsin-Superior
• Lake Superior College
• College of St. Scholastica
• Duluth Business University
• Cloquet public schools
• Carlton public schools
• Proctor schools
• Esko schools
• Maple-Northwestern schools
• Cromwell schools: 2-hour delay
• Fond du Lac Tribal and Community College
• Ashland schools
• Queen of Peace School in Cloquet
• Moose Lake schools
• Barnum public schools
• Willow River schools
• Fond du Lac Head Start program
• Fond du Lac Ojibwe School
(some of these reports are courtesy of the News Tribune’s news partner, Northland's News Center, www.northlandsnewscenter.com)
OTHER CLOSINGS / CANCELLATIONS / POSTPONEMENTS
• Wednesday night Lenten service is cancelled at Our Saviors Lutheran church in Cloquet.
• The Carlton County Courthouse is closed.
• The memorial and funeral services for Charlotte M. Zacher, 99, of Carlton, have been rescheduled to 11 a.m. and noon Thursday at Handevidt Funeral Home, 900 Washington Ave. in Cloquet.
• The Moose Lake office of American Family insurance will be closed Wednesday
• Northwoods Credit Union in Cloquet is closing at 11:30 a.m. Wednesday.
DULUTH / SUPERIOR
• Human Development Center (HDC) will be closing its Cloquet, Superior and Duluth offices at 10:30 a.m. The Two Harbors and Grand Marais offices will remain open as scheduled.
• Hearing Associates in Duluth will be closed Wednesday
• Animal Allies is closed Wednesday in both Duluth and Superior
• WLSSD Materials Recovery Center is closed Wednesday
• JC Penney at the Miller Hill Mall is closed Wednesday (mall itself remains open)
• West Duluth Business Club meeting at noon (Mr. D's) is canceled.
• Salem Lutheran Church, Hermantown, 4715 Hermantown Rd. - Wednesday Lenten soup supper and service canceled
• Community Action Duluth Free Tax Site at Laura MacArthur Elementary is cancelled for tonight - please call 726-1665 to reschedule
• Concordia Lutheran Church, 2501 Woodland Avenue, Duluth - all Wednesday activities canceled
• Balach Dental in West Duluth is closed
• Goodwill's administrative office will be closed Wednesday
• All A.E.O.A. Senior Dining sites are closed Wednesday. These sites include, Morgan Park, Evergreen, Lincoln Park Center, Rainbow Center, Duluth Heights and Portman.
• A.E.O.A. Meals On Wheels Program in Duluth and Hermantown is canceled Wednesday.
• Gloria Dei Lutheran Church in Duluth's Lent Wednesday schedule is canceled - both the 11 a.m. prayer service and the 5:30 p.m. supper / 7 p.m. service.
• The Adult Day Services program at Benedictine Health Center is closed Wednesday.
• The Greysolon Toastmasters group that meets Wednesday mornings at 6:45 a.m. has been canceled for Feb. 29.
• NAMI Family Support Group at 6 p.m. Tuesday and NAMI speaker at 7 p.m. Tuesday at Miller-Dwan are canceled.
• Superior Christian Women's Gathering at Barker's Island Inn for Wednesday has been canceled.
• The state tournament sendoff for the Superior High School boys hockey team for Wednesday has been canceled due to the team leaving Tuesday.
• Second Harvest Northern Lakes Food Bank’s Gordon Food Distribution will not take place Wednesday