Letter: Thanks to Pine Journal and fire department
To the Editor:
One story on the front page of the Jan. 5 edition really caught my eye: “Firefighters rescue two in Friday morning house fire.” The picture in the center of the articles showed a firefighter carrying two small pets. A dog and white cat were the two rescued from the house fire. All humans were safe.
Great job Pine Journal on the way the article was written and for the accompanying picture. It lets people know that we care about our pets and that all life is precious.
Many of us feel that our pets are beloved members of our family and they do depend on us to keep them safe!
Fire Chief Kevin Schroeder also went on to give important safety advice about having working smoke detectors, not using extension cords with portable heaters, and proper disposal of fireplace ashes.
Excellent article, excellent rescue, and excellent advice.
Our community has a great newspaper and our fire department is definitely top-notch!
Kim Knudtson, Cloquet