NOTICE OF MORTGAGE FORECLOSURE SALE
THE RIGHT TO VERIFICATION OF THE DEBT AND IDENTITY OF THE ORIGINAL CREDITOR WITHIN THE TIME PROVIDED BY LAW IS NOT AFFECTED BY THIS ACTION. THIS IS AN ATTEMPT TO COLLECT A DEBT. ANY INFORMATION OBTAINED WILL BE USED FOR THAT PURPOSE.
DATE: November 22, 2011
YOU ARE NOTIFIED that default has occurred in the conditions of the following described Mortgage:
INFORMATION REGARDING MORTGAGE TO BE FORECLOSED
1. Date of Mortgage: April 29, 2004
2. Mortgagors: Mourad Zahi and Dawn L. Zahi (n/k/a Dawn L. Reynolds)
3. Mortgagees: The Minnesota Chippewa Tribe Finance Corporation
4. Recording Information: Recorded on May 4, 2004, as Document Number 27342 in Book 28 of Register of Titles in the Office of the Registrar of Titles of Carlton County, Minnesota.
5. Assignments of Mortgage, if any: N/A
INFORMATION REGARDING MORTGAGED PREMISES
6. Tax parcel identification number of the mortgaged premises: 06-155-0080
7. Legal description of the mortgaged premises: Lot 4, Hurtig's Addition, Carlton County, MN
Check here if all or part of the described real property is Registered (Torrens): checked
8. The physical street address, city, and zip code of the mortgaged premises: 1506 Sahlman Ave., Cloquet, MN 55720
OTHER FORECLOSURE DATA
9. The person holding the Mortgage is not a transaction agent, as defined by Minn. Stat. 58.02, subd. 30. The name of the residential mortgage servicer and the lender or broker, as defined in Minn. Stat. 58.02, is The Minnesota Chippewa Tribe Finance Corporation.
10. If stated on the Mortgage, the name of the mortgage originator, as defined in Minn. Stat. 58.02, is not stated.
INFORMATION REGARDING Foreclosure
11. The requisites of Minn. Stat. 580.02 have been satisfied.
12. The original principal amount secured by the Mortgage was $120,000.00
13. At the date of this notice the amount due on the Mortgage, including taxes, if any, paid by the holder of the Mortgage, is: $107,735.52
14. Pursuant to the power of sale in the Mortgage, the Mortgage will be foreclosed, and the mortgaged premises will be sold by the Sheriff of Carlton County, Minnesota, at public auction on January 24, 2012 at 10:00 a.m., at the Carlton County Sheriff's Office, Carlton, MN.
15. The time allowed by law for redemption by Mortgagor or Mortgagor's personal representatives or assigns is six (6) months after the date of sale.
16. Minn. Stat. 580.04(b) provides, "If the real estate is an owner-occupied, single-family dwelling, the notice must also specify the date on or before which the mortgagor must vacate the property if the mortgage is not reinstated under section 580.30 or the property redeemed under section 580.23." If this statute applies, the time to vacate the property is 11:59 p.m. on July 26, 2012.
THE TIME ALLOWED BY LAW FOR REDEMPTION BY THE MORTGAGOR, THE MORTGAGOR'S PERSONAL REPRESENTATIVES OR ASSIGNS, MAY BE REDUCED TO FIVE WEEKS IF A JUDICIAL ORDER IS ENTERED UNDER MINNESOTA STATUTES, SECTION 582.032, DETERMINING, AMONG OTHER THINGS, THAT THE MORTGAGED PREMISES ARE IMPROVED WITH A RESIDENTIAL DWELLING OF LESS THAN FIVE UNITS, ARE NOT PROPERTY USED IN AGRICULTURAL PRODUCTION, AND ARE ABANDONED.
Name of Mortgagee or
The Minnesota Chippewa Tribe
Attorney for Mortgagee or Mortgage Assignee:
Larry A. Kimball, #159608
Kimball Law Office
PO Box 1240
Walker, MN 56484