Call for nominations for the 19th Annual Joel Labovitz Entrepreneurial Success AwardsThe UMD Center for Economic Development announces the 19th Annual Joel Labovitz Entrepreneurial Success Awards call for nominations.
The UMD Center for Economic Development announces the 19th Annual Joel Labovitz Entrepreneurial Success Awards call for nominations.
Celebrate entrepreneurial leadership and successes in the Twin Ports and Arrowhead Region by recognizing those entrepreneurs who have continued their dreams and taken on inordinate risks to forge ahead meeting the challenges of today’s economic reality. What business owner do you want to recognize? The categories are:
• Micro-Entrepreneur Award (2-4 years in business, less than five employees)
• Emerging Entrepreneur Award (2-4 years in business, more than five employees)
• Established Entrepreneur Award (5-14 years in business)
• Mature Entrepreneur Award (15+ years in business)
• Innovation Award (creating value by implementing a new idea or technology)
“Now more than ever, it is important to celebrate the accomplishments and recognize those individuals who have dared to dream and taken risks that have created an economic impact and employment opportunities in our region,” said Elaine Hansen, director of the UMD Center for Economic Development.
The 19th Annual Joel Labovitz Entrepreneurial Success Awards Luncheon is the regional celebration of The U.S. Small Business Administration’s (SBA) Small Business Week and will be held April 20 at the DECC.
To nominate a business or entrepreneur, visit http://www.umdced.com/labo. Nominations deadline is March 1.