Flu clinics set for next week in Barnum, CloquetCarlton County Public Health and Human Services will be holding two public H1N1 vaccine clinics next week
Carlton County Public Health and Human Services will be holding two public H1N1 vaccine clinics next week:
• 4-6 p.m. Wednesday, Dec. 16, at Barnum High School
• 4-6 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 17, at Cloquet High School
These clinics will be for the following targeted groups recommended by the Minnesota Department of Health and the Center for Disease Control.
These groups have been recently expanded to include:
• all persons ages 6 months through 24 years of age
• all pregnant women
• all persons who live with or provide care for infants under the age of 6 months,
• all health-care workers and emergency medical services personnel
• all adults ages 25-64 years who have medical conditions that put them at higher risk for influenza-related complications.
To receive a vaccine, you must:
• Be free of flu symptoms. i.e. fever, cough, sore throat
• Be in one of the priority groups
Since children 6 months through 9 years of age will need to have two doses of H1N1 vaccine at least 28 days apart in order to fully benefit from the vaccine, parents/guardians will be given an immunization record reminder card at the vaccine clinic.
Call Carlton County Public Health and Human Services with questions at 218-879-4511.