NOTICE OF MORTGAGE FORECLOSURE SALE - Leavitt
NOTICE OF MORTGAGE FORECLOSURE SALE
DATE: May 15, 2014
THE RIGHT TO VERIFICATION OF THE DEBT AND IDENTITY OF THE ORIGINAL CREDITOR WITHIN THE TIME PROVIDED BY LAW IS NOT AFFECTED BY THIS ACTION. NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that default has occurred in the conditions of the following described Mortgage:
INFORMATION REGARDING MORTGAGE TO BE FORECLOSED
1. Date of Mortgage: April 25, 2011
2. Mortgagors: Scott A. Leavitt and Paula A. Leavitt, husband and wife
3. Mortgagees: Northwoods Credit Union
4. Recording Information: Recorded on May 3, 2011, as Document Number 437284 in the Office of the County Recorder of Carlton County, Minnesota.
5. Assignments of Mortgage, if any: NONE
INFORMATION REGARDING MORTGAGED PREMISES
6. Tax parcel identification number of the mortgaged premises: 78-020-1160
7. Legal description of the mortgaged premises:
NW 1/4 of NW 1/4, Section 7, Township 49, Range 16, Carlton County, Minnesota, EXCEPT that part described as follows:Commencing at the Southwest corner of NW 1/4 of NW 1/4; Thence Easterly on the South forty line 642 feet to a point; Thence Northerly parallel to the West line of said forty 400 feet to a point; Thence Westerly parallel to the South line of said forty a distance of 642 feet to a point; Thence South on the forty line 400 feet to the point of beginning.
8. The physical street address, city, and zip code of the mortgaged premises: 288 Crosby Road, Cloquet, MN 55720.
OTHER FORECLOSURE DATA
9. The person holding the Mortgage is not a transaction agent, as defined by Minn. Stat. 58.02, subd. 30.
The name(s) of the residential mortgage servicer and the lender or broker, as defined in Minn. Stat. 58.02, is Northwoods Credit Union.
10. If stated on the Mortgage, the name of the mortgage originator, as defined in Minn. Stat. 58.02, is N/A.
INFORMATION REGARDING FORECLOSURE
11. The requisites of Minn. Stat. 580.02 have been satisfied.
12. The original principal amount secured by the Mortgage was $97,000.00.
13. At the date of this notice the amount due on the Mortgage, including taxes, if any, paid by the holder of the Mortgage, is: $96,598.96.
14. Pursuant to the power of sale in the Mortgage, the Mortgage will be foreclosed, and the mortgaged premises will be sold by the Sheriff of Carlton County, Minnesota, at public auction on July 8, 2014, at 10:00 a.m., at Carlton County Sheriff’s Office, 317 Walnut Avenue, Carlton, Minnesota 55718.
15. The time allowed by law for redemption by Mortgagor or Mortgagor’s personal representatives or assigns is 6 months after the date of sale.
16. Minn. Stat. 580.04(b) provides, “If the real estate is an owner-occupied, single-family dwelling, the notice must also specify the date on or before which the mortgagor must vacate the property if the mortgage is not reinstated under section 580.30 or the property redeemed under section 580.23.” If this statute applies, the time to vacate the property is 11:59 p.m. on January 8, 2015.
THE TIME ALLOWED BY LAW FOR REDEMPTION BY THE MORTGAGOR, THE MORTGAGOR’S PERSONAL REPRESENTATIVES OR ASSIGNS, MAY BE REDUCED TO FIVE WEEKS IF A JUDICIAL ORDER IS ENTERED UNDER MINNESOTA STATUTES, SECTION 582.032, DETERMINING, AMONG OTHER THINGS, THAT THE MORTGAGED PREMISES ARE IMPROVED WITH A RESIDENTIAL DWELLING OF LESS THAN FIVE UNITS, ARE NOT PROPERTY USED IN AGRICULTURAL PRODUCTION, AND ARE ABANDONED.
THIS IS AN ATTEMPT TO COLLECT A DEBT AND ANY INFORMATION OBTAINED WILL BE USED FOR THAT PURPOSE.
Name of Mortgagee or Mortgage Assignee:Northwoods Credit Union
Name and address of Attorney for Mortgagee or Mortgage Assignee:Greg C. GilbertGilbert Law Office11 East Superior Street, Suite 563Duluth, MN 55802(218) 625-8777